Thursday, October 1, 2009

Here we go again....

This precious 2 year old boy we call Cal is a bit on the crazy side and his mom is a bit on the laid back side. So you put those two things together and you get a boy who gets to walk around on a fractured fibula for five days before seeing a doctor.

Really, it was the most uneventful injury. He went to jump off a bench and I think he thought I was going to catch him. Since I wasn't looking and was trying converse with fellow mom Christy, I didn't catch him which resulted in a hard landing. He cried for about a minute, limped a bit and went right back to playing. Therefore, we left the mall with a limp and an unworried mom. Now fast forward five days, his mom and dad noticed he still limped at times, took him to the doctor and voila....here he is:
He will wear this full leg cast for 4 weeks (we're halfway there already) and should be good to go come October 13th. As for me, I've learned my lesson...limps are always significant in a child (so says the orthopedist). Point taken!

We love you Cal and are so proud of your adaptability to this big ol' cast. Mommy and Daddy are so sorry we made you walk around on a hurt leg!

1 comment:

su and james said...

Cal has been amazing throughout this super big ouchie. What a trooper! We love you Cal.
Mimi and Pop