Saturday, July 12, 2008

The View from the Couch

As I've been "couch bound" the last 2 weeks, I've had lots of time to make a few observations. Here are a couple of lists I've come up with:

things I love:
1. my husband who makes a fantastic stay-at-home dad, too! (more on that below)
2. my very busy children who I've missed like crazy as they've had some great times playing with their grandparents and other people who are much more fun than a resting mom.
3. my mom and my mom in law (and their counterparts) for whom we could not have survived the last 2 weeks without!
4. our family who has all jumped in to help take care of all of us
5. friends who provide delicious meals and help me take care of my family
6. and a God who has provided for us abundantly despite me trying to "hold the reins" as our plans just keep changing!


things I miss:

1. picking my baby boy up from his crib.
2. playing in our upstairs playroom with the kids.
3. showers....oooh, i can't wait for a shower!
4. having my leg rub up against my hubby's leg in bed.
5. shaving my entire leg (well, I sort of miss that)

things I've learned while michael is in charge of household matters:

1. while sweeping the kitchen floor, just use the broom to clean off the kitchen table too.

2. you really can wash colors, reds and whites all in one load and just keep cramming it in there, it will all fit. (note: our washer does make a new squeaky noise in the wash cycle i've never heard before...could it be related?)

3. i couldn't ask for a better husband and father to lead our family (not that this is new news)!

stay posted, I still have another week of being stuck on the couch, so I'll let you know of any other revelations!

1 comment:

su and james said...

God is definitely teaching you something that will grow you throughout this trial. And as you have stated so well, He has blessed you greatly and has provided for you abundantly. Although Cal is too young to understand why Mommy can't pick him up, Ella and Will are learning that Mommy sometimes needs help too, and they are being your sweet helpers. We have loved having this extra time with the three of them, it has helped us too!
Love,
Mom and Dad