Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mom of the Year Award!

While I was busy saving the world or actually just cooking dinner a couple of nights ago, which does seem like quite a feat some days, I forgot all about Cal's afternoon nap (gasp from all moms of toddlers) and put the boys in front of a video. Within 10 minutes, I turned around to find them like this:

The amazing part of this story is not that they fell asleep in a chair and on the couch (which is a first for Cal, by the way) but that I really did forgot his nap. This kid loves his naps but I love them even more! I could be having the greatest day out doing something super fun, but I WILL be home to get that boy in his bed for a nap. I LOVE his naptime and usually work my day's agenda around his naps. So, this poor third child has once again proven himself quite adaptable and easy going, while I once again have proven myself quite ditzy. And Will also reminded us why he should never ever nap again, as he was up until midnight that night after his hour nap in Cal's chair. Wonder where he gets it?

2 comments:

Jason said...

I know Will didn't get the staying up to midnight after a nap from aunt Amy. I'm sure Will sees midnight more often than Amy does. :)

Ginny Godsey said...

The irony is that you really are Mother of the Year!! I recently remembered you have this blog so now I can keep up with the latest and with pictures, it's so great! Missing you all. Thought we would make a summer trip. Maybe October?

Love to all you dear Bakers,

Ginny